Agency (not pro) ande Genesis Sample

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Agency (not pro) ande Genesis Sample

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  workky 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

workky
    Participant

I think I had this posted in the wrong section

I bought Agency and already had Genesis Sample. I did not like Agency’s “home page”, it would not let me use a static home page and still have a slider with a sidebar. But I did like how Agency was laid out. I kinda winged it and combined the two themes to make what I wanted, which was a static home page with a slider and a sidebar. I’m sure this could have been done in Agency itself with modifying some things, but I didn’t know what the heck to do.
    Can anyone look at it and see if you see anything wrong with what I did? Thanks

life’s tough, its a lot tougher if your stupid

http://personal-injury-doctor.com

braddalton
    Participant

What slider are you using? You can hook in most sliders anywhere in any themes and add conditional tags.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

workky
    Participant

Hey Brad, im using Layer slider. I’ve tried to find where I can hook it in, but cant figure it out. I don’t know Jack about PHP, all my previous experience has been with html and css

I’m concerned with it everything looks ok as far as code and whatnot

braddalton
    Participant

Looks fine to me.

If the slider includes a PHP tag, you can easily hook it into any theme position.

Couldn’t find on in their docs but i am sure they include one.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

workky
    Participant

They have short codes , but I’m not sure about php tags, I’ll check .

I really appreciate you looking at it. I was concerned that agency not being HTML 5 and genesis sample being HTML 5 would cause issues, I did convert agency to HTML 5, the main theme is genesis sample, it just has agency’s CSS and some functions, colors,ect.

fotodog13
    Participant

Slider looks to be working fine to me -

workky
    Participant

Yea, I got the slider working (thanks to Brad), was just concerned about the code

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.