Agency Pro homepage issues

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Pro homepage issues

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  patrickhealy 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

patricia@glazyr.se
    Participant

Hi,
    I installed the fantastic Agency Pro at a WPMU site yesterday. Unfortunately the primary sidebar appears on the homepage as well. Have no idea why this is happening. The home-middle area is also acting strange on my computer, the images don’t use the width 380 px either. Take a look at http://wordpress.glazyr.se/artbyglazyr/

On mobile devices it looks better but the primary sidebar still appears. I use Firefox 24.0, Chrome 30.0.1599.69 and Safari 5.1.7

http://wordpress.glazyr.se/artbyglazyr

nutsandbolts

Hi Patricia,

In your Genesis theme settings, try changing the default layout to full width – that should keep the sidebar from showing on the homepage. The caveat is that you’ll have to change the layout for each page where you want the sidebar to show (using the layout settings in the post/page editor), but I’m assuming there won’t be too many pages.

Genesis layout settings

To force the content/sidebar layout on all blog posts without having to change them manually, you can put this code in your functions.php file:

/** Force sidebar on blog posts */
    add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', 'nabm_do_layout' );
    function nabm_do_layout( $opt ) {
        if ( is_single() ) { 
            $opt = 'content-sidebar';
            return $opt;
        }
    }

Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

patricia@glazyr.se
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, that helped. But it must be something wrong with the theme when it acts like that. I followed the instructions at every point.

Well, thank you anyway :)

patrickhealy

It didn’t work for me either. I’m really surprised at the difference in functionality from the old vs new Agency theme. Very very different. All in the name of responsive design I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.