Agency Slider CSS Difference IE & FF

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Slider CSS Difference IE & FF

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sahdow 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

alanaburton
    Participant

I am working on a site that is on a temp URL atm and is using the Agency theme. In Firefox it looks very nice but in IE I’ve already had to change the font to be a bog standard one instead of the PT font as it doesn’t show correctly in IE and now I notice that the slider formatting is lost in IE.

The border around the slider and the 2 lower content boxes on the home page are totally void of the nice rounded drop shadow boxes. Given that most of the visitors to this site use IE it really would be great for top themes to work well across browsers!

Anyone have similar or a solution?

Alana

sahdow
    Participant

IE 9 is the first version to support border-radius, so if in IE8 or compatibility mode expect squared edges. Also, expect a lot of extra work for anything in compatibility mode. My rule of thumb is that if Microsoft no longer supports it, i don’t code for it.

You may also want top proof in Google Chrome and Apple Safari – both are webkit, but display slightly different in some cases.

Each site is unique, but this data from W3 Schools can be helpful.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.