Agency Theme – Change Widget title from H4 to H3

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Theme – Change Widget title from H4 to H3

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sullystone 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sullystone
    Participant

Hi, I have a site using the Agency theme and I can’t seem to get the featured Post widget title to change from H4 to H3. Help?

marybaum
    Participant

That gets specified in sidebar.php in the Genesis parent theme, in genesis/lib/structure/sidebar.php – but you would never want to edit that file directly.

Instead, make a copy of that file and put it in your Agency theme folder, in a similar directory structure – Agency/lib/structure/sidebar.php and change the tags there.

Note that you’ll also want to change your stylesheet, because there is a specific class – .widgettitle h4 – that you’ll want to change to .widgettitle h3.

Now, if I just want to call out the headline of one text widget, I have been known to cheat: in the Widgets area of the dashboard, I’ll put h3 tags around the title. I can’t swear that’s bulletproof, though.

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

sullystone
    Participant

I have followed your steps but can’t find the class .widgettitle h4 in the stylesheet? Must be a different class?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.