Agentpress 1.0 plugin to use in other themes

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agentpress 1.0 plugin to use in other themes

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CathyEarle 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

expfarm
    Participant

Is it possible to take the properties listing plugin/functionality from Agentpress 1.0 and use it in other themes? The one built into the Dashboard under “Agentpress Settings”.

The new Listings plugin doesn’t use the same shortcode so we’d have to re-write most of the listing posts if we use the new plugin… This would be tedious at best, amazingly annoyingly time intensive and not worth the changes at worst.

Thanks for your help!

expfarm
    Participant

Another way to ask this:

How do we port the listings from AgentPress 1.0 over to AgentPress 2.0?

Thanks.

CathyEarle
    Participant

I’d like to know this too. Perhaps the word “port” is confusing or I am looking for a different answer? I’d like to know to take old “posts” that were listings created in AgentPress and put them into the new “Listings” section of the “AgentPress Listings” plugin? Does this have to be done manually for each old listing or is a simpler way to move them?

anitac
    Participant

I was able to take a look over on the archives of the old support forum. It was noted there that there is nothing… no plugins, tips, tricks… to do what you want. You must re-enter the information. 1.0 uses Posts and 2.0 uses Post Types.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

CathyEarle
    Participant

Thanks for checking – figured as much … same that’s a lot of re-entering.

anitac
    Participant

How many listings do you have in your websites right now? I might be able to do some tricks with the data from the database. If you’d like for me to try, send me an email on my website.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

CathyEarle
    Participant

Thanks that’s a generous offer. It’s a clients site and they are not committed to switching over to the new plugin / theme yet so might just be a waste of time. Appreciate your help/offer though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.