AgentPress – Adding Features

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress – Adding Features

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joyv 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joyv
    Participant

Has anyone added the ability for site visitors to be able to create an account and save listings or the ability to signup for email alerts when a new home is added that meets a set criteria?

If so, how did you go about doing this? The email alerts is a have-to-have feature and I can live without the account w/saved searches if making that happen is over the top.

Thanks,

Joy

keconomos@sbcglobal.net
    Participant

Creating an account and email (and saved searches) is often handled by the IDX feed subscription service – depends on who you get your feed from. Mine integrates with agentpress and the basic package offers all of those features (I just can’t look up what they’ve been looking at without paying a bunch more.)

joyv
    Participant

Which one are you using? There are a zillion on the market and the one StudioPress recommends doesn’t seem to offer this and I am also not fond of how it displays photos of the property.

Thanks!

Just Dave
    Participant

Joy,

I have seen this and similar questions asked around here before, but I have never seen anyone post a reply that indicated they made these modifications to AgentPress, or the AgentPress listing plugin.

Are you or your client only interested in updating those that register on listings that you have manually entered at your website?  I ask because there are a number of IDX solutions that provide the functionality you are seeking (and a whole lot more) at a cost that I would not describe as “over the top”.  This may be why nobody seems to have devoted the resources to modifying the AP listing plugin.

Maybe some others will share their thoughts and experiences on this.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Just Dave.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Just Dave.

Just Dave
    Participant

Joy,

If you are going to look into IDX solutions you need to find one that works with the MLS that you or your client participates in.  If its a large metro market nearly all IDX providers will be there already.  If not, you might be able to have yours added, but I would not recommend it if you can find one that has an established service.  DS IDX and IDX Broker are two that integrate well with WordPress.

joyv
    Participant

Working on a slightly different approaching and wondering if any of you have done this.

The client’s local mls provides the ability to export anxml feed daily of all listing (active, sold and inactive). Is there a way I can import the xml feed into agentpress?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.