AgentPress Additional Photos

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress Additional Photos

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jodzeee
    Participant

I’ve followed the instructions, but I cant’ get the “additional photos” to look right. I’m using the images provided and installed the required plugin (which says it’s being discontinued, BTW). The images are too large. I’m a noob to WP, but I thought the thumbnails were automatically sized to fit. What do I need to do? Also, the border isn’t showing up around it either.

I don’t have it on a server yet, I’m developing locally. Here’s a screenshot though:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12289996/1-16-2013%205-12-53%20PM.jpg

Jared Williams
    Participant

Are you setting the gallery size to featured?

[gallery link="file" size="featured" columns="5"]

jodzeee
    Participant

No, I had no idea … I hadn’t even looked at the text section. Here’s what it showed (no size):

[gallery columns="5" ids="838,836,837,389,323"]

I added size -”featured” and that did the trick (thanks!!)

What does link=”file” as in your example do?

Do I have any other control over the size (e.g., if I wanted to squeeze in more than 5 columns at a smaller size)

And where should I be looking for this kind of documentation? Nothing of this was mentioned in the setup/how to page.

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Sorry, that bit was stripped out.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

jodzeee
    Participant

What bit was stripped out?

Jared Williams
    Participant

I would recommend checking out the actual Codex on WordPress.org regarding the Gallery – http://codex.wordpress.org/Gallery_Shortcode

The link=”file” just says that you are linking the thumbnails to the file, not the attachment page that is created for all media.

If you want a different size, then register a new image size in your functions.php file and swap out “featured” for the new name that you have chosen.

add_image_size( ‘new-thumb’, 220, 180, true );

Then add size=”new-thumb”.

jodzeee
    Participant

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘AgentPress Additional Photos’ is closed to new replies.