Agentpress – Changing Home Widget Page to Sub-Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agentpress – Changing Home Widget Page to Sub-Page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  robertsjg 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

robertsjg
    Participant

I am trying to change the default setup for Agentpress such that the default home page – which contains MLS listings – get’s displayed on a different page of the site.

My goal is to have a static home page with some specific information and actions, and then have the widgetized listing page on a different page of the site – ie.  site.com/listings

What I have done is to take the home.php and add this to the top:
    <?php
    /*
    Template Name: Listings Page
    */
    ?>
    Then I simply created a page, set the template to Listings Page, thus providing the widget MLS listings page on a page of my designation.

The problem I am having is that the page is not formatting correctly.  It get’s cut off on the right side by a few pixels, and most of the widgets don’t display properly.  I can add widgets to this page, and have attempted to set it up like the default Agentpress, but what is happening is that in each section only 1 element to the widget is displaying.

Here is the page to make it clear:  http://kariscott.wpengine.com/test-listings

There should be multiple communities and featured listings, but only one of each is displayed – and you can see at the top that the right edge is cut off a little bit.

I’m hoping someone out there has done what I am trying to do.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  robertsjg.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  robertsjg.

SoZo

You need to go through all the rules in the style sheet with “.home” in the selectors and replace that with the body class of the page you are using the template on.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

robertsjg
    Participant

Ah cool thanks!  If you don’t mind my ignorance, could you clarify what exactly the ‘body class’ is?

thanks

robertsjg
    Participant

awesome i figured it out!  ended up just adding a custom body class in the layout settings of the page to make it easier then changing .home in each spot as you said.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.