AgentPress Listings, Different Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress Listings, Different Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Wondering if anyone’s used the AgentPress listings plugin with a different theme? I know that AgentPress is configured for it, but I’m thinking other themes could be adapted to utilize it in some fashion.

Anyone tried it? Any thoughts on whether it would be easier to do this or just create Custom Post Types from scratch?

I’ve built 2 sites for a client utilizing AgentPress and they want a third, but I want to give it a considerably different look than the previous two. The hiccup is that I’ve never created/learned to create Custom Post Types from scratch. I realize I should learn, but I’m not sure I have space in the budget of this particular job for that. :)

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Kent,

If you’re using another Genesis Child theme I don’t think it would be an issue at all. If you copied the files from within the AgentPress child theme not including functions.php, style.css or anything currently in the new child theme then you should cover the required files for Agent Press lIstings to work correctly.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Helen
    Participant

I considered doing exactly that myself recently when I was setting up this site – http://robinleechrealestate.com/ and I remember coming across someone who had done it, in the forum, but now I can’t find  the thread  with that information, sorry!

Kent
    Participant

Thanks for the info folks, but project was scrapped! :)

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.