AgentPress Listings search shows archive page not taxonomy page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks AgentPress Listings search shows archive page not taxonomy page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  asterbird 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

asterbird
    Participant

I think AgentPress Listings plugin is setup so that the property search widget shows search results from taxonomy.php (why it’s not search.php I have no idea).

However, when I try to upgrade WP from 3.6 to either 3.7 or 3.8, the property search tries to show result from archive-listings.php.

Did anyone have an issue with the property search not working in this way? How did you fix or do you have any ideas for me? Thanks!

issue tested here: http://www.test.harrisonrichards.com

http://www.test.harrisonrichards.com

Susan

Did you ever get this figured out? I’d be happy to escalate if you are still looking for resolution.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

asterbird
    Participant

Hi Susan,

Well Yes and No. I ended up solving my problem, but in a different way. Since the taxonomy.php wasn’t being called when searching for listings but always the archive-listings.php, I created a conditional on archive-listings.php.

I’ve never seen wp work this way, and it might stop working on future updates. But for now this is working. Basically I have this in archive-listings.php:

if( is_tax() ) {

show listing search results (whatever was in taxonomy.php)
    }
    else {

show listings

}

Thanks for asking!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.