AgentPress Questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion AgentPress Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

dkrause
    Participant

I know this is an older thread, but I found it very helpful. I’ve been discussing AgentPress with Anita C offline, and she’s been extremely kind — and patient — in answering my questions as I figure out exactly how AP works, especially with IDX integrated.

I too had the same question. I understand that if you set up AgentPress like the demo, including the Agent Press Listings Plugin, then you also integrate IDX, the site now offers two different ways to search for properties. And if I understand it correctly, the APLP searches the properties that have been manually entered into the site (assuming these would be a realtor’s own listings). But, if a site visitor uses the IDX search tool, it will pull listings from MLS.

Here’s what I’m trying to get clear on:

1. Do you need both search plugins? If an agent plans to incorporate IDX, will an IDX search also pull from the listings that have been manually entered in the site? (I suppose in a roundabout way it would, as long as those listings were on MLS. Correct?)

2. Is it confusing for a site visitor to have two search forms on a site? A visitor/user isn’t going to know the difference between how the two search forms work, right?

3. Am I correctly “reading” the way the two plugins are used on this site: http://www.marottarealty.com? It’s in the StudioPress showcase, and I’m guessing the search form on the home page slider is the Agent Press Listings Search, and if you click on “Advanced Search” in his navigation, that search is tied to IDX. Am I right?

I’m trying to get a grip on how/when/why one uses both plugins.

anitac
    Participant

The Agentpress Plugin is for manually inputing property listings. If you want to use the dsIDXpress plugin, you wouldn’t need Agentpress or it’s Search widget. The website you listed is not using both plugins, they are only using an IDX plugin.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.