AgentPress Video Embed Resizing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks AgentPress Video Embed Resizing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  seattlesavvy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

So now I think it’s an upgrade issue with WordPress possibly. We should try to Google this problem now.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

mikemueller
    Participant

Not that I need to mention – I’m up to date on everything.  wp 3.5.1  Genesis1.9.1 and so on.
    I’ve tried to use Firebug, chrome and a few others to source the issue to no avail.
    I appreciate your help – thanks for trying!

anitac
    Participant

Mike, someone else posted this problem on WordPress.org. I left a message letting him know that we were trying to figure this out to, but what he said was if you have a video on a page/post where there are “other links” – the video shrinks. But it you put it on a page with all text – the video will go full width. Try that to see what happens. Here’s the link on WordPress.org.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/links-cause-youtube-videos-to-display-smaller

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

Okay I found this too – http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-set-oembed-max-width-in-wordpress-3-5-with-content_width/.

Seems this may fix the problem.

mikemueller
    Participant

Awesome!  Thanks Anita!  You Rock!
    I’ll give it a try.

mikemueller
    Participant

Well, it was a nice try.  still the same issue.

added

if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 600;

to the functions.php file in both AgentPress and Genesis

:(

anitac
    Participant

Do this… go to my website and send me your email. Let me look at your site from my desktop. I’ll send you some instructions.

Uwe
    Participant

We have this problem since Wp 3.5

Try this in the functions.php :

if ( ! isset( $content_width ) ) $content_width = 600;

My Genesis Theme was wrong too !

Remember to change the number 600 appropriately for your theme. It is the maximum width in pixels for your content area.

See: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-set-oembed-max-width-in-wordpress-3-5-with-content_width/

seattlesavvy
    Participant

i had found some css over-riding the already applied css regarding the property details box.  so there’s 2 iframe divs that need to be made for this to work properly.  must be in the old forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.