Ahh! Syntax Error, Locked Out of Site!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Ahh! Syntax Error, Locked Out of Site!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

blair.menzel
    Participant

blairblogs.com

I’ve spent the past 24 hours redesigning my site, and just as I was making the last few tweaks, I was given the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/85/9597685/html/wp-content/themes/lifestyle/functions.php on line 167

I called my hosting service (GoDaddy), and they helped me log into the database, but I don’t know where to do from here as far as reinstalling the theme (or whatever I need to do to get it back up and running!). Now I’m receiving an error: Error establishing a database connection

I’m a noob at this, so step-by-step instructions would be wonderful!

http://blairblogs.com

braddalton
    Participant

This has nothing to do with your database and the error is on line 167 of your child themes functions.php file.

Login to your server using cPanel or FTP and download your child themes functions.php file

Open the file using a text editor like Notepad++ and scroll down to line 167

Seems like you are missing a closing curly bracket around line 167

[php]
    }
    [/php]

Please email the functions file to me and i will test the code.

brad@wpsites.net

Error establishing a database connection

Not sure how you got this message but i wouldn’t play around with any code unless you really know exactly what you are doing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.