Aligning widgets in the same location

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Aligning widgets in the same location

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  john gronley 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

john gronley
    Participant

Hello;

I am trying to either center the form in on the home page in the section “what’s my home worth” or insert an image widget to share the space but occupy the right side. When I try the widgets stack on top of each other (text widget and image widget) and would like to know if there is a way to get them side by side? http://serealtor.com/

Thanks,

John

AC
    Blocked

Each Text Widget needs CSS. So you can start with this and make your adjustments the way you want them.

The contact form is Text 8 and the What’s My Home Worth is Text 9. You will need to make some adjustments to your form’s CSS to accommodate the text widget.

[css]
    #text-8 {
    float: left;
    margin-right: 10px;
    width: 400px;
    }[/css]

[css]
    #text-9 {
    float: right;
    width: 400px;
    }[/css]

john gronley
    Participant

Thanks Anitac;

I am also having a problem making this form work? it works with the short code in a page or post but when I have put it into a text widget it displays as though it is working but it does not work when you enter data into it??? http://serealtor.com/

john gronley
    Participant

Hey I made the changes is this what is should look like? http://serealtor.com

john gronley
    Participant

Hey I got it fixed by adding the formidable widget to the area now I just have to center the widget?

john gronley
    Participant

No even the formidable widget isn’t working?

AC
    Blocked

Under the style.css – look for the .properties – change 930px to 500px and it will center.

john gronley
    Participant

Thanks but now the widget doesn’t work. One minute it works the next minute it doesnt?

AC
    Blocked

I see that you reduced the width. So are you saying because the width of the area changed, it doesn’t work? Did it work before?

AC
    Blocked

john gronley
    Participant

no it is not the width it is something to do with the short code not working? When I first put it into the properties section it worked but when I tried to add a background it doens work?

john gronley
    Participant

That is the wrong page it should show a message “your request was received” and keep you on the home page

I will add the widget down below and show you how it works the first time

john gronley
    Participant

Now it works in the lower left widget

AC
    Blocked

Please describe what you mean by “it’s not working” versus “it is working.” As I stated, when it was in the Properties at a width of 500px – it worked for me. I click submit and it was taken to a page of listings. Define – NOT WORKING for you.

john gronley
    Participant

OK what it does is in the lower left I added the widget again and instead of taking you to the property page (and not sending me the email) it should show you a message that says “your message was send successfully” this is how it should function properly. So the top search takes you to another page (not working) and the search below it in the lower left widget works and sends me the message and gives you a response.

Very confusing sorry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.