Altering author.php

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Altering author.php

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  UT Mod 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

charl
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to add author name, description (bio), website and other details to the author page that comes up when you click on an author name. It’s author.php in non-Genesis themes but I can’t find it in Genesis.

Please let me know where I can find the equivalent to author.php in Genesis.

Regards,

Charl

Brian Gardner
    Keymaster

In Genesis you can enable the author box to show on the author archive page — see this for example.

To enable that, simple go to the Edit User screen the WP dashboard, and scroll down to the Author Archive Settings section and make sure Enable Author Box on this User’s Archives? is checked.

UT Mod
    Participant

@brian-gardner:

I added the facebook and twitter fields which now shows up for Author whenever somebody goes onto their posts and that is perfect.

Now, when anyone clicks on author’s link then it gets redirected to the archive where on the top it only shows the biographical info of the author. How can I add the Website, Facebook, Twitter field info there?

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  UT Mod.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.