Amount of content maybe custom css

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Amount of content maybe custom css

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  And_or 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

And_or
    Participant

(re post as per request by Brian)

One thing that I increasingly observe in a lot of websites in the last 6 months  is the way they are handled on a “normal” display. Somehow my 1920×1200 screen is containing less and less information, and my scroll button is working overtime. On other sites that have made similar transitions I see a lot of “power users” who spend a great part of  their days behind 1 or more regular displays complaining about the low information density of the ‘modern’ site layouts.

Would it be feasible to accommodate those users by implementing the possible use of a  custom stylesheet or some other mechanism to make it possible for a user to make his/her own decisions about the amount of info you get presented…. ??

I realize we do need to be aware of touch and other devices, but we should also still not forget about regular Joe behind his desktop monitor. Its only a few years ago that we were able/required to put a whole website into the whitespace that you see in 2 posts on this forum

And now I realize I miss the “preview post” before submitting… (you can go to the full screen editing mode, but that is not the same.. and its very easy to incidentally use the back button on your keyboard and loose your whole post)

Greetz, Henk

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

And_or
    Participant

Just ran into a forum post that illustrates the low content density very well…
    http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/adding-new-widget-area-agency-theme/

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.