Any feedback would be appreciated

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Any feedback would be appreciated

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  djw2 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

chashutch
    Participant

I’ve about completed this site with just a few changes to the slider images and logo.

If you can look and give me any feedback, I’d appreciate it.

Hutch

http://keithburnettministries.com

nunotmp
    Participant

It looks pretty good. The form looks a bit thrown together but a few tweaks should fix that up.

Need a custom Genesis Child Theme? http://wpzombies.com

jeff21up
    Participant

To tidy the sub form up you could use in your custom css

#subscribe input[type="submit"] {width: 226px;}

would put the submit button the same width as the input fields, unless of course you meant it to be like is, in which case tell me to mind my own business lol

medic
    Participant

The Submit form is great as it stands out, but should it be above the fold??? or is it ok where it is?

chashutch
    Participant

@Jeff – I didn’t mean it that way and I appreciate the feedback.

Hutch

chashutch
    Participant

@medic – not sure if I can put it any higher without huge changes.

Thanks,
    Hutch

Hutch

medic
    Participant

no probs hutch, im a newbie and was something i heard being important. Good work tho i hope my site will look as good lol

hipstershaun
    Participant

Just my 2 cents. From a design standpoint the one thing I’d change is the form and the paragraph to the left. They look disconnected from each other. The form is visually more connected to the text below it than the text next to it. When the design goes to a single column for mobile browsers they are separated by the welcome text with no visual connection at all.

I think the best way to solve both problems would be to add another full width widget area below the banner section and place the form with its accompanying text there. Use a different background color or pattern to make it stand out and make those 2 pieces look unified. It will also keep them together when the page re-formats for mobile browsers.

djw2
    Participant

I really like it. The first thing I noticed was the font in the header and I think it looks really good.

I’m working with that theme right now too. Hope it turns out this good. Nice job.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.