anybody work w/Yoast SEO plugin?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion anybody work w/Yoast SEO plugin?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sidv220 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tjd
    Participant

Hi,

Using Yoast SEO on my still-in-progress website. Followed install instructions and configuration pretty well, I think. That said, I’m now re-writing all my old Posts, about 50, to meet the criteria of the Yoast analysis. 90% of my Posts are my produced videos moved in from YouTube.

On almost every post I see an indicator that says my image…what image?…needs an alt tag. I now understand what it is, but not where to insert the tag. I attempted to put it into the YouTube iframe code, after the dimensions as in a photo, but it wouldn’t stay there. So, questions,

Any ideas how I might resolve this? alt tags looks simple enuf, but are they for video? and finally, should I really care in the long run?

Thanx for your assistance,

Tom

sidv220
    Participant

I had the issue, often images in plugins have no alt.  You will get missing Alt message.  One to fix is, install SEO Friendly Images plugin from WordPress which would assign missing alt to images from plugins.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.