Anyone Use W3 Total Cache Pro?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Anyone Use W3 Total Cache Pro?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  KenTheriot 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KenTheriot
    Participant

I’ve been hemming and hawing about “going pro” with W3 Total Cache. I have “managed VPS” hosting with Servint. I am using the free version of W3TC now and it does help speed things up some (though not as much as I’d like).

Has anyone here made the move from the free version to W3TC Pro? If so, is it worth the $99 per year?

Thanks.

Ken

http://www.homebrewaudio.com/

coralseait
    Participant

How tuned are you on your regular W3 Total Cache?

I don’t have Pro, but I have recently purchased a self managed VPS and using Nginx with PHP-FPM and it runs circles around Apache. I haven’t even tested W3TC on it yet. Nor have I tuned nginx or php-fpm.

Anyway, if you are on a managed VPS maybe you can ask about switching to nginx as combined with W3TC and tuned right it should run very well. I’m finding the LEMP stack to be very efficient compared to LAMP, even a default config vs very tuned.

KenTheriot
    Participant

Thanks. I had someone help me set up W3TotalCache, so it’s probably pretty well tuned as far as what can be done with the “check-box” options (no CDN or anything extra done). As for the other things you mentioned I honestly don’t really understand them;-P. I’ll check with Servint.

Thanks.

Ken

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.