Archive title is missing from Category Blog Page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Archive title is missing from Category Blog Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  swilkins 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

swilkins
    Participant

I followed the instructions on How to Create a Category Blog Page

http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/category-blog-page/

However now the archive-title is missing from the category.

How do I get the archive-title to show up?

JanHoek

Please provide us with a link to your site so we can help you better. Thanks

Hi, my name is Jan Hoek. Sure, they all say I have a big head, but I like to think it’s way too small for all my ideas.

swilkins
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Ren Ventura

Hmm. I’m not sure but this may have something to do with your child theme perhaps not displaying page titles. However, using the blog page template isn’t something that is highly recommended. Here’s a good post on why:

http://www.billerickson.net/dont-use-genesis-blog-template/

If you’re trying to create a page that includes posts from a certain blog category, you should use a custom page template.

WordPress Developer & Blogger | Creator of the EngageWP Genesis Customizer Plugin
    Follow Me on Twitter @CLE_Ren

genwrock

Edit your every category and you’ll get “Category Archive Settings” section . Add the Archive Headline & Archive Intro Text and you will get the title with category description.

swilkins
    Participant

Thanks Ren for your reply. I read Bill’s post but really didn’t understand it. Theme is LifestylePro. If this was an issue, why would StudioPress show as a tutorial?

Until I can figure out how to have the archive-title show up on my Category Page, I just dragged the Category into the menu. The archive-title shows up fine there, but the client wants the url to be what would show up using the Category Blog Page.

swilkins
    Participant

I do have content in the Category Archive Settings. Still the archive-title for the category page is missing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.