Area between header and content

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Area between header and content

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  colson 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ozonagirl
    Participant

I am still in the early stages of modifying the Expose theme and need a little help.

The background color is “showing through” in the area between the header and content, and I would really like that area to be white like the content background.

I can’t figure out how or where to do this. I am assuming that it is a margin issue, but could use some help with the css.

This is happening throughout the whole design; not just on the home page.

Thanks!

http://gabhandbags.com

colson
    Participant

you need to change the margin on the #inner which starts on line 489 of your css to margin: 0 auto 0

#inner {

background-color: #FFFFFF;
    clear: both;
    margin: 10px auto 0;
    width: 960px;

}

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  colson.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  colson.

ozonagirl
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply, Colson.

That definitely works to remove the space entirely, but the problem is that I actually need the 10px space there or the thin red border around the portfolio entries (the handbag listings)  butts straight up against the header. Ideally, I would like 10 px of white to be between the header and the content. It looks like .inner controls that area, but I can’t figure out how to make it white. As you saw, i tried to do it using background-color, but that makes no difference.

As a workaround, I suppose I could add some more white at the bottom of the header, but I thought there might be a better way of dealing with this via css.

I will wait a few days before trying my header workaround, but would love a css fix if anyone can provide one.

Basically I need a 10px extension of white, either at the bottom edge of the header or at the top of the content.

Thank you!

colson
    Participant

sorry i forgot to mark it so I receive notice when there is a reply.  I need to crash right now but will look at it in the morning and get back to you.

colson
    Participant

Actually I decided to take a quick look.  Just add some padding on your content area starting on line 555 of your css

right now there is 0 for padding change the area  in red below to padding: 10px 0 0

.full-width-content #content {

margin: 0 0 10px;
        padding: 0;
        width: 960px;

}

ozonagirl
    Participant

Colson, you’re my new hero! Thanks so much with your help. I can now finish out the home page thanks to your help.

colson
    Participant

Awesome!! Glad I could help :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.