Assign a different sidebar for posts at the theme level?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Assign a different sidebar for posts at the theme level?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WPMonkey 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WPMonkey
    Participant

What I want to do is have one sidebar for posts and a different sidebar for pages, but I’d like to do this at the theme level to avoid having to go into each and every post or page and select a sidebar from the options.

Is there a way to designate that all pages have Sidebar X by default and all posts have Sidebar Y by default too?

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

WPMonkey
    Participant

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough. I’m not talking about the layout. I want the layout to remain the same for all pages. What I mean is that I can create a primary sidebar for pages and another primary sidebar for posts. So I’m talking about the content of the widgets within the sidebars, the widgetized area.

Is there a way to say pages = Primary Sidebar widget area and posts = Post sidebar widget area, without having to go into every post and selecting Sidebar Selection > Primary Sidebar > Post Sidebar?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.