assign the blog's sidebar to the archive page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion assign the blog's sidebar to the archive page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elenabrz 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

elenabrz
    Participant

Hi

I created a specific sidebar for the blog page using Genesis Simple Sidebars. OK, so far so good. When I click on a tag or category, the archive page loads the primary sidebar (not blog’s). I think that the category/tag (archive) page should have the blog’s sidebar, it makes sense. However I don’t know how I can do that: assign the blog’s sidebar to the archive page.

Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

Go to category/tag (archive) page

Click Edit Category > Sidebar Options > Primary Sidebar > Your Custom Sidebar (Select this sidebar from the drop down menu)

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

elenabrz
    Participant

Hi Brad

Yes that’s what I tried doing but…

..but the thing is: there’s no such page created with this theme. I already contacted the theme’s author, he told me to post it over here.

Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

no such page? Which page are you referring to.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

elenabrz
    Participant

Oh I see, I didn’t understand what you mean. Yes, indeed I can go category by category assigning the blog sidebar. But I have lots of tags, though, going tag by tag is a drag, isn’t there any other way?

BR

Elena

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.