Associate Child Theme – Slider Issue

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Associate Child Theme – Slider Issue

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cube74 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cube74
    Participant

Hi All,

I have installed the Associate Child Theme version 1.0 on a WordPress site, and have also installed & enabled the slider for the Genesis Framework version 0.9.6 and would like to ask if anyone knows how I can get images to appear at the top of every page.

I have tried to play around with the plugin following the number of recommendations, but nothing seems to work for me.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

AC
    Blocked

Are you saying you want the slider to show up on every page? And You should be using the correct versions of the Framework which is 1.9.2 to make sure that all of the plugins will work correctly.

cube74
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

Yes, What I am trying to do is to have three images which appear randomly on the top of any page on the web site, like the header.

So you would have something like:

Company Name or Logo
    ————————————————————————————————-
    Image(s)
    ————————————————————————————————
    Menu

The Framework version is 1.9.2, and if I enable the Genesis Slider plugin, and then create a post or page with an image in, then add the Genesis Slider plugin to the Featured section of the Widgets, I am still not able to see any images.

I am obviously doing something wrong and am trying to find information on how I can put images from the library to be in the Genesis slider.

Thanks for your help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  cube74.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  cube74.

AC
    Blocked

The slider works off the pages and posts. You need to select which one you will be using – you cannot use both pages and posts. You create a page/post and use the Featured Image which will then be shown in the slider.

Are you wanting to just add random images that will not connect to any specific text? If so, you might want to try the Soliloquy-Lite slideshow – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/soliloquy-lite/. That slideshow is then added into a widget area using a “short code”. You would add a text widget with the short code inside it in place of the default slider.

cube74
    Participant

Thanks!!!

Am trying it now….

cube74
    Participant

Tried this and have managed to get both the Genesis Slider & Soliloquy-Lite plugins to work using the Header widget, but the logo is making the images to be “off-page”.

I wonder if I can obtain the sample data for the Associate Theme and then make the changes to the web site.

Do you know if there is sample data available?

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.