Associate Theme issues

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Associate Theme issues

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mished 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mished
    Participant

I’m using the Associate theme on this site:  jetpia.com.au

I got a couple of issues:

I tried using the Full-Page template for the pages but couldn’t get it to work, so settled with the sidebar-on-right-column layout instead. — for the moment, anyway.  Other than choosing the full-page template on the edit page, am I supposed to do anything else to enable it?

Second issue can be viewed from the homepage:  the post excerpts do not go the full length of the space allocated.  In fact, this is the same case when I type in content into the post edit page: the texts wrap around  to the next line before reaching the full length allocated for the line.  Is there a solution to this “premature wrapping” issue?

Looking forward to your comments/suggestions.

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

Issue # 1

The following is probably not the ideal way to do this, but it works at least as a temporary workaround.

Add the following at the end of child theme’s style.css (WP dashboard -> Appearance -> Editor):

.page .sidebar {
    display: none;
    }

.page #content {
    /*width: 580px;*/
    width: 910px;
    }

Issue # 2

Remove the 480px width set for ‘p’ element in stylesheet.

Alternately, add the following at the end of child theme’s style.css (WP dashboard -> Appearance -> Editor)

p {
    width: auto !important;
    }

mished
    Participant

Thanks, Sridhar.  Problems solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Associate Theme issues’ is closed to new replies.