Associate theme. The active theme is broken

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Associate theme. The active theme is broken

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Jones 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

GYazici
    Participant

Hi,

I am a newbie to wordpress. I am trying to develop my website using “Associate” theme from Studiopress. I have uploaded both genesis 1.9.1 zip and child theme ‘Associate’. I cannot activate the ‘associate’ theme. I get “The activate theme is broken. Reverting to the default theme”

Also wordpress/dashboard/appearance I get the following message:

Broken Themes
    The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name
    Description

genesis
    Stylesheet is missing.

Please help!!

weslinda
    Participant

How did you upload the Associate theme?  Did you upload it as the zip?  The first step is to check and see if a stylesheet or css file is there, if not, it’s best to delete the theme and reupload.  If you have a bad zip file, I would look at grabbing a fresh copy from the StudioPress site.

Loving the Genesis Life!

GYazici
    Participant

weslinda, thanks for the response. I have uploaded as the zip file. How do I check and see if a stylesheet or css file is there? and how do I delete the theme and the parent genesis so that I can reupload?

weslinda
    Participant

Since the theme won’t activate, there isn’t an easy way to do that.  If the theme would activate, then you could, but since we can’t activate the theme, you’ll need to check the contents of the theme on your local machine.  You should be able to double click on the zip file you have and see if there is a style.css file in it.

As far as deleting the uploaded theme, if you go to Appearance > Themes there should be a delete link bottom right of the theme.  You should not need to delete Genesis.  If you do, you can delete it the same way as you delete the Associate theme.

Loving the Genesis Life!

GYazici
    Participant

Thank you. I am going to try your suggestions.

Gary Jones

When you upload, you should end up with:

wp-content/themes/genesis
    wp-content/themes/associate

Make sure you do NOT have:
    wp-content/themes/genesis1.9.1/genesis
    wp-content/themes/associate-12345/
    or other incorrect nesting of directories.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.