Attention Yoast users – WordPress SEO – re: focus keyword on html 5 sites

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Attention Yoast users – WordPress SEO – re: focus keyword on html 5 sites

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  samw 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

I’m asking for help from other Yoast users (WordPress SEO).

I use the non-premium version of Yoast for SEO on some of my sites, including Genesis / Studiopress sites. In my current project, I’m using Enterprise Pro, an html 5 child theme. It’s being developed locally, so I don’t have a link to provide

I notice that when I try to save a focus keyword, it doesn’t stick. If I use the bulk editor for meta description and/or title, that works fine. Curious why the focus keyword won’t save. Any thoughts?

PS: please refrain from expounding upon the virtues of native SEO in Studiopress themes and try to talk me out of using Yoast. That’s not the point of this question.

PPS: please also don’t just tell me to contact Yoast. Looking for input from Yoast users in this community.

snakeair
    Participant

Is the plugin updated to the latest version? Sorry, had to get this question out of the way.

jhguynn
    Participant

Oops. Sorry, should’ve mentioned that. Yes, WordPress SEO plugin is current.

jhguynn
    Participant

Anybody? Bump.

samw
    Participant

Hi

I had a few issues with it after downloading a site and changing theme to Enterprise Pro

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. All my data was still there. Tested by changing focus keyword, hitting update and it does save but only if you hit update post – not by typing in the focus keyword as normal – give it a go. Im working on local dev. Maybe its a theme specific clash??

Hope this helps

SEO & Online Marketing Consultant

Metta3 | G+ | LinkedIn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.