author box is no showing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks author box is no showing

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  awdesign 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

awdesign
    Participant
    I am new to WordPress and Genesis and trying eleven40 theme. (switching from Joomla :-))
    I entered the code below for author box to functions.php but it is not displaying on blog pages.
    //* Display author box on single posts
    add_filter( 'get_the_author_genesis_author_box_single', '__return_true' );

any help appreciated very much,
    Thanks
    http://www.affordablewebdesign.com/diy-web-marketing-costs-more-than-you-think-get-a-professional/

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Very good question. First of all, I have to help someone who has suffered the misery of using Joomla, just as I have. :-)

Your code sample above is just fine. I do have one other thing to look at. Go to Users, and select “Your Profile”, or find yourself in the list of Users. Take a look at your profile. Scroll down aways, and you should see “Author Box” way down the page. You’re see checkboxes for both Posts and Archives. I’m guessing that neither of those is checked, so you could check the Posts one (or both).

If that fixes it, then you can also fill in “biographical info” to get some content for your author box.

If that’s not it, maybe there’s something else in that theme that is interfering with it. I don’t have eleven40 myself, so I can’t look at its functions.

Best, Dave

Dave Chu ยท Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

awdesign
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.