Author name not showing up when moving genesis_post_info

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Author name not showing up when moving genesis_post_info

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

brevityness

I am using the following code in my child theme:

add_action( 'get_header', 'single_move_entry_header');
    function single_move_entry_header() {
    	if ( is_singular() ){
    		remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_entry_header_markup_open', 5 );
    		remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_do_post_title' );
    		remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_post_info', 12 );
    		remove_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_entry_header_markup_close', 15 );
    		add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'genesis_entry_header_markup_open', 5 );
    		add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'genesis_do_post_title' );
    		add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'genesis_post_info', 12);
    		add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'genesis_entry_header_markup_close', 15);
    	}
    }

genesis_post_info returns incomplete info showing only the post date and not the post author name. Interestingly, when I comment out the remove/add_action for genesis_post_info, it displays the complete information correctly, albeit in its original container.

Not sure why this is happening or how to resolve it. Any ideas? Thanks!

cathibosco
    Participant

I am not certain, but this might be helpful…. I find the Genesis Simple Edits plug in an huge time saver and very useful for customizing this items.

Creative Director at C & D Studios – total web presence packages created for businesses, individuals and organizations.

braddalton
    Participant

get_the_author_meta( ‘url’ ); http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_author_meta
    and
    get_the_author(); http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_author

will not work outside the loop

get_the_author_meta(); will work when using the author I.D

Not sure which version of Genesis you’re using but this may have been updated in the latest version otherwise you will need to create a custom shortcode which i answered several weeks ago.

You can grab the code to modify from genesis > lib > shortcodes > post.php

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.