Avoiding Dupe Posts with Featured Widget (Amplified)

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Avoiding Dupe Posts with Featured Widget (Amplified)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  brace1 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brace1
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t really expect support for Nick’s GWFA plugin, which is great except for one thing. It removes the option to exclude previously displayed posts like in the original Genesis Widget.

I guess my question is can I add that function or duplicate it in any way?

Thanks again,

Joe

http://www.lasallehoops.com

Robin
    Participant

You can offset posts–basically tell it to skip x number of posts before it starts pulling for the widget.

Also, if you want to put in specific posts to not show in a widget, you can exclude them by post ID number. But the first option will give you more flexibility as you add new content.

HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

brace1
    Participant

Yes, but that doesn’t help me if I am using different categories. I have three widgets. The first two pull from one “Featured” category, which are top stories. The third one takes everything.

The problem is that I cannot hide previously shown posts in the third widget. I can in the standard widget, but not the Amplified one.

Thanks,

Joe

Robin
    Participant

Well, what about excluding the Featured category from the third widget area then, so it won’t show anything that isn’t in the first two widgets?

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

brace1
    Participant

Except I want the Featured widget in the bottom as well. That is more of an ALL, “loop-like” image.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.