Background Change

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Background Change

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

briegger
    Participant

Hello everybody! I’m working on this website and I’ve figured out how to change the background in the header but I can’t figure out how to change the next box just below it?? Any suggestions? It’s the dark blue behind the slider.

http://healthyangie.com/

Thanks!

Beth :)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  briegger.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  briegger.
    http://healthyangie.com/

Ozzy
    Participant

hi beth!

it’s actually in the same place you added the other background. you didn’t really change the background in the header, you changed it in the body. if you’d like to change that blue to white, you’d change the property in the body rule:
    [css]body {
    background: url("http://healthyangie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/cloth019.gif&quot ;) repeat-x scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    }[/css]

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That dark color is part of your background, the color “behind” the image.

Go to Appearance…. Background, and you should see a button to “Select Color” for the background. If you see the dark color that’s on your site now, you’ll know you’re in the right place. :-) This works a little hinky sometimes, requiring an extra save or two, although they may have shored it up with the latest Genesis release.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

briegger
    Participant

Thanks so much for the help Ozzy & Dave!

Ozzy, I tried changing the code like you suggested but it still looks the same.

Dave, for some reason in the Metric theme, appearance Background is not an option???

Any other suggestions?

David Chu
    Participant

Oh wow, the theme coder must have gotten tricky and disabled that part. I don’t have Metric, so I can’t look at it here. The great majority of my themes I make are custom.

Ozzy’s right – you could try his code by putting it in style.css. (Appearance… Editor…) It didn’t show up well on this screen, but at the end of his example there’s the color code, which you can change to taste. You just have to find a good hex color code via Photoshop or whatever graphics editing tool you use.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Ozzy
    Participant

just checked your site and see the changes. i’m guessing you got it working?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.