Background Color

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Background Color

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BloggingWithDani
    Participant

Hello,

I have the Focus Pro child theme and it seems that when I change the background color (Appearances -> Background) it wont update on my website.

I tried adding an image instead of a color – that works without any glitches.

So, does anyone know what might be causing this problem. I already tried turning off all plugins and then back on, but that doesnt solve the problem.

Regards,
    Dani

http://www.bloggingwithdani.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    That’s wild. I see a soft grey background working just as I’d expect, and it’s #efefef. Unless you changed it without clicking “Save Changes”, I can’t see any obvious problem.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

BloggingWithDani
    Participant

Hello David,

That’s exactly the color i set, however, i still see the old one. See screenshot
    http://s28.postimg.org/gol4s7pj1/screenshot_bwd.png

Things I’ve tried so far

– Change the color to another
    – Disable the cache plugin (empty the cache also)
    – Disable all plugins
    – Emptied the browser cache (Chrome)
    – Tried through Internet Explorer
    – Deleted the cache with FTP
    – CTRL + F5
    – My brother (loads the website from another country) sees the old color.

David Chu
    Participant

Well, at least I was able to impart some good news. :-) Your change is working like a champ, as is Genesis.

I really can’t stand using caches while developing a site, it will systematically drive you insane! They can be added just before launch. I actually looked at your site before to see if a cache was running. Chrome is also working here, and even nonsensical IE is just fine.

The other silly problem is good old Apple. The Safari browser has a cache that won’t break if you hit it with a hammer, but it might update days later. For those poor individuals, and others for whom some bunk is happening, I counsel patience and a nice glass of beer. :-) Besides, blue color has not been proven to cause permanent side effects of any kind.

BloggingWithDani
    Participant

How could I have been so.,…. :) It was the CloudFlare CDN that i installed because I was having some speed issues. Had to put it into developers’ mode before i could see the changes.

David Chu
    Participant

Wow, yeah, that’s popping up all the time these days. Just this week, bunches of that here.

Thanks, I’ll add that to my list of “why can’t I see my site changes” answers. This may supercede Safari, #1 previous offender! :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.