Balance Theme Home Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Balance Theme Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EasyCo 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

EasyCo
    Participant

I like the look of the Balance Theme and want to use it on one of my websites. However, I want to feature pages on the home page instead of the most recent blog posts. Is this possible, and if so how can I go about changing it so that I can get pages to show on the home page instead of blog posts?

Susan

Are you talking about having it show one page instead of blog posts, or featured pages?

If you are just attempting to display one page, you can modify the theme to add your home page widget to another page of your site, and set a static page for your homepage.

This tutorial will help you do that:

http://wpsites.net/web-design/home-page-widgets-onother-pages/

If you are talking about displaying excerpts from other pages (like the blog posts display), you’d need to create more widgets on the home page, and remove the genesis loop. (The tutorial linked above will provide some direction).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

NicPub
    Participant

Anyone get this to work? I need to display a specific category on home page of Balance as well.
    Thanks

EasyCo
    Participant

Susan, thank you for the information. You are correct in that I want to display excerpts from other pages instead of blog posts (like it currently is setup for). So I take it I need to create widgets on the home page for those locations and then remove the loop (which is what displays the blogs).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.