Banner in header of Corporate theme…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Banner in header of Corporate theme…

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lenz 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lenz
    Participant

Hi all! I am hoping to place a banner in the header of the corporate theme. I have modified it a bit, but not structure or function. I have a background image and logo which link to the root, but I would like to promote a specific page with a seperate link in the header as well… So I was hoping y’all could suggest a plugin or help me do an edit so that this… (Photoshop mockups)

http://i2.wp.com/www.origamirestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/header-banner-without.png

will look like this…

http://www.origamirestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/header-banner-with.png

w00t, thanks!

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  lenz.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  lenz.

braddalton
    Participant

You could try the WP Display Header plugin

Or use PHP code

Or CSS code.

lenz
    Participant

Thanks Brad – that will not do. I want to leave the header function as is and simply place a banner over it with a link to a different page. I might just have to do it manually but I dont know if that will mean mucking with the theme or with genesis itself. So if anyone knows of a plugin or some directions as to how to place my banner image – let me know. Thanks.

braddalton
    Participant

You can add widget area above the header or hook in a banner before the header.

lenz
    Participant

Yep im trying but everything i do breaks the theme. Grrr… And I cant findanything that will allow the Name and logo be one link and the banner be a second link… Thanks for the quick reply Brad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.