basic css question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion basic css question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  billmcq 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

billmcq
    Participant

I have a real basic question that I can’t seem to fix. I want to target specific widgets in the sidebar to have a different color background than the default sidebar widget background. you can see it on this page

I want the price range text widget I use in several simple sidebars (first widget in primary sidebar in this example) to have a light grey background. I used css like the following listed below to target the text widgets I want to have the grey background instead of the default sidebar bg of a blue gradient:

/*change widget background color on a per widget basis*/
    #text-145.widget, #text-146.widget, #text-147.widget {
    background: #f5f5f5;
    }

It works in all browsers except IE. what am I missing for IE?

AC
    Blocked

That text widget is Text-149 and you don’t have that listed in your code.

billmcq
    Participant

thanks for the reply, I wish it was that easy (I am sure it is an easy fix though) …I had edited the code down In my post above from 20 widgets or so to just a few as an example…my fault.
    the live site though was using css with the appropriate widget number in the css. See the full line below:

it still doesnt work though.

/*change widget background color on a per widget basis*/
    #text-145.widget, #text-146.widget, #text-147.widget, #text-148.widget, #text-149.widget, #text-150.widget, #text-151.widget, #text-152.widget, #text-153.widget, #text-154.widget, #text-155.widget {
    background: #f5f5f5;
    }

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.