Basic Question: Changing Fonts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Basic Question: Changing Fonts

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zomidaily 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I seem to recall in previous versions of StudioPress child themes, there was a line of code for the fonts, that pulled whatever it needed to pull from Google Fonts to import Google Fonts in.

Now, I just see this:

body {
    background-color: #fff;
    color: #777;
    font-family: ‘Lato’, sans-serif;
    font-weight: 300;
    line-height: 1.625;

So, Lato is a Google Font, but I don’t see anything related to “Google” in the style.css. So, can I just change ‘Lato’ to any other font that Google has online (e.g. ‘Roboto’) and then assume it’s automatically just going to change the font? Is it that easy?

I did that once and thought it worked with one Google Font, but tried with another, and it didn’t seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Someone just linked to this post – but it seems more generic than specifically related to Genesis-powered sites:

Some themes pull in their fonts using the functions file to enqueue the script; you may check there and see if the line you need to change shows up. :)

I do custom WordPress work!
    Contact me directly:

@adamwc please provide a link to your site and also tell us what theme you are using.

I’m using Enterprise Pro.

Just wondering how to change fonts to any of the other Google Fonts.

This link might be useful since it is from StudioPress Official Tips page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.