bbPress or BuddyPress

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks bbPress or BuddyPress

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AC 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

morand13

Just wondering if bbPress or BuddyPress are compatible with the Magazine Pro theme and will it work ok? I know there is a bbpress extend plugin for Genesis so I would have to load that as well. But what about BuddyPress – do I need to load any Genesis plugin for that?

I did try the DW Questions & Answers plugin but the genesis sidebar widget kept appearing even though I have the layout of the page to full width. I was a bit disappointed because I thought the plugin was pretty..

Can anyone give me an idea which is best to go with – any good question & Answers plugins or should I go with bbpress or Buddypress. And is Buddypress fully compatible?

Cheers,

AC
    Blocked

Yes they are. I actually have it installed on a test site I am building using the News theme. I also have one on the Metro theme. If you want to build a social network, then use Buddypress and bbPress for your forums. I haven’t worked with the Questions & Answers Plugin before.

AC
    Blocked

Buddypress is more for a social network website – similar like Facebook. bbPress is forum related for mainly discussions. Are you wanting a social net work with forum capabilities, or just a forum?

pensacoladisabilitylawyer
    Participant

Reviving this as I’m trying to figure out whether to go Forum only or Forum plus Buddypress.

Anitac: when you say, “I actually have it installed on a test site I am building using the News theme”, do you mean you have both bbpress and buddypress installed, or just one?

In terms of deciding what to want – it is mainly for discussion forum for marketing ideas for attorneys. I like the social network side of things just in case groups want to create groups for their individual niches (bankruptcy, disability, personal injury, etc).

AC
    Blocked

Hi, I just installed the bbPress as the forums built in Buddypress has been retired. You can see it here. I set up a group, then adding a forum to that group.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.