Beautiful Pro Theme – Header Nav Position

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Beautiful Pro Theme – Header Nav Position

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Alle McCloskey 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Alle McCloskey

Hey, Brenda!

I was searching through the threads for an answer on a different question and in my scrolling saw the http://www.brookemcglothlin.com pop up in your post — I’m actually her designer and recently did her rebrand on her site! :) Small world!

To move your logo to the right side and move your navigation bar to the left side and in line with the logo, simply follow the directions in the Beautiful Pro Theme Setup document…

“HOW TO CONFIGURE THE NAVIGATION MENUS — In the Beautiful Pro theme, the Primary Navigation menu area is not used in the demo. The default navigation area can be disabled by navigating to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations. Set the Primary navigation to the “Select a Menu” option in the drop down to disable the default Primary Navigation Menu location. The Secondary Navigation area is disabled in the Beautiful Pro theme demo. Be sure to click the “Save Settings” button to preserve your changes.

The main navigation used in the demo of the Beautiful Pro theme is a custom Menu widget placed in the header right widget area. Navigate to Appearance > Menus and create a new menu. Add your menu items. Navigate to Appearance > Widgets. Choose the Custom menu widget and drag it to Header Right. In the widget settings, choose the navigation menu you created. Be sure to click the “Save” button to preserve your changes.”

That being said, the space is much smaller and you have more menu items than Brooke did, so you could do a couple things to make it fit — get rid of your HOME item (most people know to click on the logo/header to navigate back to the homepage now), move things like Disclosure and/or Resources to a sidebar link or even in a footer section. The other option would be to fiddle with the CSS and shrink the font size down a bit!

Hope that helps!
    Glad you like Brooke’s site! :)

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.