Beautiful theme pro header not showing

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Beautiful theme pro header not showing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mitchell 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mitchell

Hello,

I’m having trouble with uploading my custom header. It is not showing no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

I’m using the Beautiful theme pro

http://hairextensions-kopen.nl/

emasai
    Participant

Did you upload your image file to the images folder in your theme? Are you using the correct path and extension? .png or .jpg

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

Mitchell

Hi there, thanks for your reply

Yes, I used .png and I also uploaded the image in my folder (through wordpress, not FTP)

I’ve tried changing some CSS but nothing works. Also the CSS of the Child theme is way different then the framework (don’t know if this is normal). I also can’t change my header logo on the child theme manually with CSS as i did earlier with the framework that looked a bit like this :

url(images/logo.png)

Or something like that. I really can’t find it in the child theme, so I don’t know what to do.

The css that i changed made my whole website look strange, so I’m going to reinstall the theme. Hope somebody has an answer for me, that would be very helpfull.

emasai
    Participant

When you say you uploaded the header image through wordpress not FTP, did you use the media uploader? If so, your image will be in one of the upload folders. The path it shows is not to an upload folder, but to the theme image folder.

Lynne emasai.com

Mitchell

I uploaded the image through Appearance > header but this didn’t work. It doesn’t show anything. After that i tried to upload it manually but this didn’t work either. When i uploaded it with the sample theme it did work, but the code for this is not the same in the beautiful theme widget, so i’m lost in the process. When I have time I will reinstall the theme. I really want to thank you for your help so far and I hope you or someone else has an answer why the Appearance > header isn’t working, that was one of the reasons I got a child theme, so i didn’t had to change the css code.

emasai
    Participant

The image did not upload. If you can upload it to the image folder in your theme via FTP your header should appear as the link is there.

Lynne emasai.com

Mitchell

I reinstalled the theme, uploaded the image in the beautiful theme pro / images folder through FTP. Then I went to Appearance>Header, uploaded the same image and now it did work, thanks!!

So to be clear:

Everytime I want to upload a image through Appearance>Header I first have to upload it in the images folder of my theme through FTP?

I thought the Appearance>Header would automatically set the right image?

emasai
    Participant

It should work from Appearance – header. Glad you got it to work

Lynne emasai.com

Mitchell

Thanks alot!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.