Bee Crafty Theme home page gallery question

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Bee Crafty Theme home page gallery question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

yourstory
    Participant

Hello!

site: http://www.morgansmouse.com/maddie

when you click on an image in the gallery it shows the title of the post and says by (to insert the author)

(1) can I take the “by” out

(2) Can I change the font size on the post title (in the featured gallery only – not the original post)

(3) is there any way to have the featured picture pulled right from the post?

thanks in advance everyone

Vicky

SoZo

You can remove the “by” in home.php.

You can target any element with a unique rule. e.g. .home h3 a { font-size: 12px; }

I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

It should already be pulling the post’s featured image.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

yourstory
    Participant

WOW!  Thanks for your quick response.  I will go change the home.php file.

Will do a search after this andf add the firebug add on for Firefox.

I must have some setting wrong because it is not pulling the picture from the frame.  I’ll look for it.  It’s a good exersize for me. and will come back and ask if I can’t find it.

I’m new to all of this, but love the ease of this theme.  I have purchased so many themes that are too complicated for someone like me who knows just enough to be dangerous.

Again, SoZo, thanks.

Vicky

SoZo

Are all the images uploaded to the media library? What’s different about the first post that does show an image?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.