Before Footer Hook

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Before Footer Hook

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keyelementmedia 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

keyelementmedia
    Participant

I’m trying to insert some content just before the footer, below the content and the sidebar, if that makes sense.

I have it where I want it on the home page, however if you go to a page with a sidebar, it gets pushed over to the left and sized down….the Services page for example. I’m currently using the after_content hook, but obviously it isn’t outside the sidebar, because it is pushed left on pages with sidebars.

What hook should I use? I’ve tried several. Or is the only solution to add a widget area?

Thank you

Thank you, Jared

http://www.successionframework.com/proof

emasai
    Participant

Have you tried using the before_footer hook?

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

keyelementmedia
    Participant

yes, and it actually puts my content below the footer widget area. I need it above the footer widget area. I assume that the before_footer is actually before the site footer, not the footer widget area.

Thank you, Jared

keyelementmedia
    Participant

I’ve solved this…my dimensions fit my needs, so you may or may not need to modify the width of the widgets, especially if you add a 4th widget and keep 3 along the bottom. I only used 3, so one on the top Footer 1, and two below, Footer 2 and 3. Basically you just modify the footer-1 CSS by taking out the float:left; command and increase the width to the full width of the footer.

here is what I did:

I modified the CSS for footer-1 to:

.footer-widgets-1 {
    	padding: 0 10px 0 0;
    	width: 910px;
    }

I then modified footer 2 and 3 accordingly:

.footer-widgets-2 {
    	float: left;
    	width: 600px;
    }

.footer-widgets-3 {
    float: left;
    width: 295px;
    }

Thank you, Jared

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Before Footer Hook’ is closed to new replies.