Beginner

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Browne 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Palo0

Hi
    I’ve just created a domain at bluehost and installed wordpress. Then I went on and purchased, on recommondation, the Genesis framework. After a while I eventually managed to install the framework (by first zipping my genesis folder). Now that I have the framework, I want to install a child theme. The problem is, I’m stuck, because when I install and activate a free child theme e.g. editorial, wheres my framework then? After doing so, Genesis pops up next to it and I can activate this again. I’m totally confused what is installed and activated and what I have to do? I googled my problem, all I could find were elder videos with WordPress 1.8 or lower. There the surface of the theme section seemed to be different. Please help me, I’m sure its something to laugh about anyway.

http://dersurfer.com

David Browne
    Participant

First you activate Genesis. Then while that is the activated theme, just install the child theme and activate that. WordPress will show it as only your child theme is active, but Genesis is still active. Child themes cannot operate without Genesis anyway.

We are Dave & Erin. Full time travellers and designers. Currently in Sydney. Follow us on Google +. I’m new to twitter so be the first to say hey Twitter

Note: Known to give only give negative critique on design. I don’t mean to offend anybody, it is just more efficient pointing out mistakes than saying “yes, its beautiful” every time. :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Beginner’ is closed to new replies.