Best Caching Practices

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Best Caching Practices

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mealtog
    Participant

Alright, I would be interested to hear about which caching system your use for your WordPress setup. Which plugin do you find does the best job at speeding up page load?

Also, I am familiar with Drupal + memcached but not so much in a WordPress environment. If memcached is installed on the server, how do we force WordPress to make use of it?

anitac
    Participant

I have been using Quick Cache on my site and it’s been working just fine. One of the SP developers referred it to me over a year ago. As for Memcached, the 10Up folks wrote a blog about that here. Check it out.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Mealtog
    Participant

Thanks for the recommendation for Quick Cache, will check it out. Pretty sure I have it installed but not activated for testing yet.

Thanks for the link as well. Memcached is difficult to set up and that was why I was hoping the Memcached Object Cache would be an easy install, activate and walk away type thing. When setup, it boosted Drupal speeds quite a bit, Hoping to achieve similar results for WP here.

Anyone else here configured WP to take advantage of memcached?

anitac
    Participant

I just sent out a tweet about this. We’ll see if you get others to chime in. Good luck.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Mealtog
    Participant

Thanks!

Arya
    Participant

You might want to try batcache as well if you use the wp memcache plugin. The result is pretty impressive, saved a lot of memory.

Problem that I found so far, sometimes the http header return with 503 bad gateway. I have googling many times but didnt find any clue yet.

You can find me @arya_prakasa

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Been using: Wp super cache and WP minify plugins combo – works like charm on shared hosting environment.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.