Best E-Commerce Package for Genesis?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Best E-Commerce Package for Genesis?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ithacaindy
    Participant

I’m looking to build an ecommerce site using Genesis. Woocommerce seems to be the most-recommended shopping cart plugin. However, the meta data (such as price) of the Woocommerce product custom post type is not available via Genesis. I don’t want to simply have a “shop” menu item, but be able to display featured products on the home page.

I’ve read the Jigoshop fork of Woocommerce is more Genesis compatible, but it doesn’t appear to be so ‘out of the box.’ I’m not looking for an expensive customized solution. Otherwise, I’d go with a full-on ecommerce platform such as Magento or PrestaShop.

Has anyone built an ecommerce site (not a simple blog with a shop) using Genesis?

Thanks.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Have you looked at the Clip Cart child theme? It integrates with Cart66 (and I believe Woo as well) and includes a custom post type to make it easy to display and categorize your products. It’s available here: http://themedy.com/themes/clip-cart/

I am a huge fan of Cart66 because it’s extremely easy to use and it isn’t bloated like many of the ecommerce solutions for WordPress.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.