Best place to enter in hellobar code

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Best place to enter in hellobar code

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

Where would be the best place to enter in the hellobar code so that everypage on my website will have this hellobar pops up?

braddalton
    Participant

Header and footer scripts in Genesis > Theme Settings

Ted
    Participant

Thanks Brad. Is it possible to use conditions on these codes in the header scripts to get it to appear for all categories except for one particular category that I don’t want this to come up? How do I do that if this is possible?

braddalton
    Participant

Can you paste a link for the installation instructions provided by Digital Telepathy here please.

Also, please see this thread http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/hello-bar-installation-child-theme/#post-32545

mborger
    Participant

I’m going to reopen(?) this thread here because I’ve jumped back into HelloBar, this time installing their plugin. However, I soon realized a problem — I actually don’t want it showing up on every page, something I didn’t consider when I played with it back in April.

So instead of the plugin, I now have the <script code that’s supposed to go before the closing </body tag but I’m not sure how to conditionally place it. I’d like it to appear basically everywhere that’s not a landing page (Premise), OR I would be content to place it on the home page and just posts in a certain category/tag. First option would be preferable.

Any thoughts on how to do this? Thank you.

braddalton
    Participant

mborger
    Participant

Thanks, Brad. But that posts mentions how to implement the utility bar sitewide, not conditionally.

braddalton
    Participant

Simply add a conditional tag after the function.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.