Best Way to Put 'Call to Action Buttons' in Header

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Best Way to Put 'Call to Action Buttons' in Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cbredo
    Participant

Hi,

Here is my website : http://69.195.124.66/~bowvall1/

It’s obviously a WIP.

What is the best way to put three custom buttons in the middle of the header?

I tried following this blog : http://www.briangardner.com/social-media-icons/

and modifying it for my own buttons, but I couldn’t center the buttons, and I also had problems building my own buttons.

Thanks,

Charlier

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by  SoZo. Reason: URLS SHOULD BE LINKS
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by  nickthegeek.
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by  SoZo. Reason: URLS SHOULD BE LINKS
    • This topic was modified 2 years ago by  nickthegeek.

SoZo

If by center you mean pushing them down a bit you can add top margin to the #header .widget-area rule.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

cbredo
    Participant

Thanks for the response – how do I do that? I am new to all this…

SoZo

W3Schools is a pretty good place to start getting familiar with CSS. See this entry on margins. And all style rules are located in the style sheet, style.css, which you can edit in Appearance=>Editor however I highly recommend using an FTP client and a dedicated code editor. A code editor offeres many essential features missing from WP’s editor such as syntax and error highlighting and the ability to revert through your changes in case you make any mistakes.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.