Best Way to Style Plugin's CSS

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Best Way to Style Plugin's CSS

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  benl11235 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

benl11235
    Participant

Hi, I’m relatively new to the Genesis framework, and I’ve started creating a child theme based on the new Genesis. I’m pretty happy with the results so far, but I have no idea how to style the CSS provided by the plugins in my mian style.css stylesheet. I’ve got two examples of this:

1)I’ve added the Responsive Slider Widget and placed it within the home page. But I’m having trouble figuring out how to get the image to align center. I tried using`.flexslider .slides img{
    display: block;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }`

but I don’t think it’s working(I don’t really understand nested CSS all that well yet)
    Also, the text does not appear to scale with the image. Is that incidental or is that just a shortcoming of the widget?

2) I replaced the genesis_loop section with a widget area and the featured posts widget. It works well, but the CSS is rather spartan and I’d like to style it.

3) Does anyone know what the full width of a standard genesis page is? I think its somewhere around 960px or higher. I’m trying to figure out what the width for the slider is so that it goes the full width of the page.

My site is here:
    testing.tx0rx0.com

I’d love if anyone could shed some light on the matter.

Thank You,
    Ben

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  benl11235.
    • This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  benl11235.
    http://testing.tx0rx0.com

henridelbosque
    Participant

I know it has nothing to do with your question, but, could you tell me how did you set up the upper menu bar you are using?

benl11235
    Participant

Create a menu and then place a custom menu widget in the header right widget area. The color and size of the menu bar were edited in the stytle.css to match our logo. It’s a pretty simple bar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.