Better use of the WordPress "Theme Customizer"?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Better use of the WordPress "Theme Customizer"?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  FloridaLegend 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lorange
    Participant

Hi!

Are there any specific plans for a better use of the WordPress “theme customizer” (released in WordPress 3.4 ) for Genesis and its child themes? I’m seeing more and more free and premium themes moving all their design options in this powerful and user-friendly tool.

Visual example: http://www.wpexplorer.com/wp-content/uploads/theme_customizer.png

What’s about getting rid of redundant options pages like theme settings, design settings, custom css, theme options… pages in the Genesis framework?

Thank you for any feedback.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

We are discussing ways to use this. Prose is the logical choice for that right now.

Gabe
    Participant

Any updates on this?

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

We’ve been really busy on a lot of cool new projects. The big push with Genesis was HTML5 and we have been releasing quite a few themes. At least one is using the customizer for some of the features. I think it is Parallax from memory.

http://demo.studiopress.com/parallax/

We are working on some cool stuff with the customizer and want to use it more but some of the features we need are a bit limited and need some changes in WP.

Ideally I’d love to see all the Genesis settings options moved to the customizer, for example, but some things we’ve tried just don’t format well and we don’t have a lot of options on fixing those things, especially with other plugins making more use of it.

Look to see it being used more and more but it may be a while before we go all in.

Gabe
    Participant

Sounds good, thanks for the quick response Nick.

FloridaLegend
    Participant

Is there any update on this? I have spent the day trying to figure out how add color customization in the admin without the use of plugins.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.