Blog archive URL

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Blog archive URL

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ted
    Participant

I am converting the homepage of my blog into a static page, but on the navigation, I want to have a link to the archive of the blog posts from the newest to the oldest. Much like the homepage of the blog if I didn’t choose the static option. But what is the URL of the archive page which list all the blog posts in this case? I tried things like:
    http://www.mysite.com/archive
    http://www.mysite.com/blog
    but can’t find the page.

Can anyone please assist?

Just to add on that what I am after is a page with proper feature image, snippets and a link to the full article, and listed accordingly from newest to oldest, not just a sitemap type of page.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Ted.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Ted.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

If you’re using a static homepage, you would need to create a page called Blog and choose the blog template under Page Attributes to the right of the page editor. Once you publish the page, change Settings > Reading to reflect the fact that Blog is the posts page. Then you should be able to see a chronological list of posts on that page.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Ted
    Participant

Thanks Andrea, managed to get it to work like you pointed out.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Awesome! I’m going to mark this topic as resolved but feel free to open a new one if you have other questions. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.