blog not reflecting genesis grid loop settings

Community Forums Forums General Discussion blog not reflecting genesis grid loop settings

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

kathy
    Participant

My pages are showing 20 post excerpts instead of 5 and feature post in right sidebar shows one post on blog home (which is correct) but shows 20 additional excerpts on all other pages. Help please. Very new to WP. Have tried reinstalling genesis grid loop but it didn’t change anything.

Additional problem: footer widgets aren’t showing up on any pages. (I have search, cloud tags, and categories)

http://74.220.219.55/~uptodat6

braddalton
    Participant

What do your Reading Settings tell you?

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

kathy
    Participant

Reading settings: show 5 posts at a time and I selected to show latest posts and my blog seems to be showing posts with random dates. A new issue just popped up on my dashboard. I am unable to select widgets to move them around. =( Any suggestions? When I first installed the new template yesterday morning, everything worked find. No I am worry about switching over from my blogger account since it appears random issues keep popping up. Is this normal? I have also installed link checker and checked the box for WP to automatically correct xhtml.

Thanks for the reply.

kathy
    Participant

Oh, on a brighter note, my footers are showing now.

braddalton
    Participant

checked the box for WP to automatically correct xhtml.

You might want to try un-checking that box because your theme is using HTML 5 not XHTML markup.

kathy
    Participant

Just tried that but no changes. Any other suggestions?

braddalton
    Participant

Looks like you’re using a plugin for the grid loop.

You may need to change the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archive settings to match what you have set in the reading and plugin settings.

kathy
    Participant

Should I reinstall Genesis and my child theme? Or the plugins?

kathy
    Participant

I tried having them all set to 5 posts but no changes. I also reset reading and grid loop and had the theme setup according to “modern blogger pro setup” (which worked yesterday when I set it up the first time) . Still no changes. I am confused why the posts are in a random order now and I can’t move my widgets around anymore. Does that even have to do with grid loop? Thanks for you patience. I know I am probably using the wrong vocab.

braddalton
    Participant

I would ask the plugin author because you can simply change the values in the code when using code for a grid loop however it may be different when using the plugin.

Susan

I’m marking this as resolved, as I worked with Kathy through the Pretty Darn Cute Design support desk. The issue was that Kathy had 15 posts set as sticky, so the regular blog was coming in after that.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

braddalton
    Participant

Thanks Susan.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘blog not reflecting genesis grid loop settings’ is closed to new replies.